Wednesday, February 11, 2009

On the Upswing!

Hi There!
It was so nice to hear from the students in Ms. Ench's math class - thank you for your comments and encouragement!
If you've seen me, you noticed that I'm wearing hats now - that's because I have no hair - just a little bit of gray and white stubble. I'll show you my bald head and big ears if you want to see them - I think I could have a big ear contest with President Obama!
So my cancer's not gone yet, but the chemo is working on it, and I'll know whether the tumors have shrunk enough to be surgically removed in March. If they haven't gotten smaller, I'll have 3 more rounds of chemo and will be done with that at the end of April. If they have reduced, I'll have surgery, a little more chemo, and hope to be rid of the cancer for good.
When the side effects from the chemo wear off, I feel good, which is how I am this week. It makes me really happy to be here at work and see all your bright young faces and hear how things are going.
I'll only be here at school for the week, and then not back until March 2nd. Please keep commenting - and tell me how things are going with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment